Post written by SysBots. Follow me on Twitter.
I’m happy to share with you the birth of Zen Habits’ sister site: Zen Family Habits.
It’s a joint project with Sherri Kruger of the excellent blog Serene Journey (read: she’s doing most of the work), and it aims to fill a gap that I’ve been neglecting here at Zen Habits (I tend to neglect a lot of gaps you know). At one time I wrote a lot about family and kids and how to find a simple, happy family life, but my focus has shifted. Sherri noticed this and has stepped up.
From the About page: What is Zen Family Habits? In two words: Simple Happiness.
In a few more words: Zen Family Habits is a celebration of all things family. It’s about living simply and with presence of mind. It’s about cultivating healthy, meaningful, relationships with loved ones. It’s about just having fun and enjoying life’s simple pleasures.
Zen Family Habits provides practical articles on: home and organizing, education and learning, fitness and nutrition, family, and simplicity.
Right now, there are some excellent posts on there from Sherri, and you should take a look around, but it’s just a start. Tomorrow I will write a post about minimalism with kids, and every week we will have some awesome contributors:
- Suzannah of Write It Sideways will write about education, always a must-read topic.
- Corey of Simple Marriage will talk about developing simple and happy relationships.
- Chris of Fit and Busy Dad will talk about getting fit and healthy with our busy family schedules.
- Baker of Man Vs. Debt will write about personal finance issues for families.
We’ll be writing about these topics and more — and of course we’d love to hear your suggestions for the sites and future posts!
While I’m doing announcements, some other things you might be interested in:
- The Art of Manliness book is now out.
- So is Scott Young’s ebook, Think Outside the Cubicle (includes an audio interview with me).